How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Plex allows you lot to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.

User avatar

Kevlar,KKevlar
New here
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:08 pm

How do I update Plex software to i.xviii.7.....

Opening Plex Media Server and information technology has a imprint that update is available and to manually download it. How do I exercise that? When I striking the prompt to download manually it starts to ship it to my MacBookPro and information technology asks what to practice with information technology since at that place are no applications on the Mac to open it with.
I have the download package on my Mac , PlexMediaServer-1.xviii.7.2457-77cb9455c-x86_64.qpkg. How do I get it to the QNAP TS-251D.

Kevlar

TS-251D-4G-United states 2x 6TB WD RedPro


User avatar

dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 26072
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:eleven am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: How exercise I update Plex software to 1.18.seven.....

Post past dolbyman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:40 am

download the latest qpkg from the plex website

and manually install information technology via app middle (explained in manual..only very like shooting fish in a barrel to do even without information technology)


User avatar

Kevlar,KKevlar
New here
Posts: 4
Joined: Monday Mar 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Postal service by Kevlar,KKevlar » Monday Mar 09, 2020 9:03 am

Cheers Dolbyman. When I knew where to look for information technology information technology worked similar magic.
I accept been reading and searching the Forum and Qnap Back up documents but am still fuzzy on some things.
I did manage to set my 2 drives as a RAID 1.
Created a Thick book on HDD1somehow.
Made a 1TB pool on/in (?) the volume.
Where tin I find the best idiots guide to NAS Setup?
I would like to let my family each have an area they can use for storage, computer backups, Files, Music, peradventure videos, that can be accessed past all of the family members just they can't delete or remove (merely a copy of particular) from each others. I am leery of letting the photo apps aggregate and delete duplicates from merely just having one Volume/Pool.

I look forrad to suggestions. If I could understand what the central words to search for in me quest it would really help.

Kevlar

TS-251D-4G-United states 2x 6TB WD RedPro


User avatar

dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 26072
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 ii:11 am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Post by dolbyman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:36 am

app center and manual install should exist keyword armageddon

where exactly are you stuck?


User avatar

Kevlar,KKevlar
New hither
Posts: iv
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Postal service by Kevlar,KKevlar » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:36 am

dolbyman wrote: ↑

Mon Mar 09, 2020 eleven:36 am

app middle and transmission install should be keyword armageddon

where exactly are you stuck?

PLEX was just like yous said, very like shooting fish in a barrel to manually install. Thank You lot!

I accept manner too many questions and need to find where a "dummies" version of the QTS manual tin be located.
My master wish is to exist able to create a place on the NAS to hold all of my families photos on that is not just a unmarried storage area just 4-five different ones, one for each family unit members photos. Does this make sense?

Other things I want to know about is this QVPN , are there meliorate/easier (?),since its sounds like I shouldn't use MyQNAPcloud.
I just want to not spiral everything upwards by doing it wrong.

Kevlar

TS-251D-4G-U.s.a. 2x 6TB WD RedPro


Xtadeus
New here
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 am

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Post by Xtadeus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 ii:23 am

Howdy kevlar. Or anybody reading this and able to answer me.
I am new well-nigh To get a nas.

I am looking for buying same nas equally yous (ts 251d 4go) to make backups ans utilise it as média server for my telly ...

Can you tell me if plex is working with that nas ? I read in a patchnote plex was removed and i want to be certain before buying...

Are y'all happy with it ? Is it directly connected to the tv via hdmi ?
Tin it (plex) or cinema28 read 720p 1080p and 4k movies ? No problèms with codecs ?

Thank you for the answers


User avatar

dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 26072
Joined: Saturday February 12, 2011 2:11 am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: How do I update Plex software to one.18.7.....

Mail service by dolbyman » Monday Jun 22, 2020 2:25 am

plex histrion back up was removed..not plex server

even idea qnap units have hdmi out...only forget virtually information technology


Xtadeus
New here
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 am

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.7.....

Postal service past Xtadeus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Thx dolbyman.
What do you lot mean Forget near it ?
I indeed take the intention To connect the nas To the tv with hdmi. What does information technology mean ? No plex needed ? Fifty-fifty for codec support?


User avatar

dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 26072
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 ii:11 am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: How exercise I update Plex software to one.18.vii.....

Postal service by dolbyman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 pm

information technology means go an external player...a qnap nas is not a good actor..and with plex playback support removed..use a unlike thespian


Xtadeus
New here
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 am

Re: How exercise I update Plex software to 1.18.seven.....

Mail by Xtadeus » Fri Jun 26, 2020 four:04 pm

Thx. I Will utilize a computer with bad hard drive and plex serv then.
No nas.


User avatar

dolbyman
Guru
Posts: 26072
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:xi am
Location: Vancouver BC , Canada

Re: How do I update Plex software to i.18.7.....

Mail past dolbyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:23 pm

not certain why no nas

nas = plex server
computer (w bad hdd?) = plex player


User avatar

Trexx
Inquire me anything
Posts: 5391
Joined: Saturday Oct 01, 2011 7:l am
Location: Minnesota

Re: How exercise I update Plex software to i.18.7.....

Mail service by Trexx » Fri Jun 26, 2020 x:28 pm

Or supersede figurer with $30 Roku device and get fully supported Plex client to get with Plex server on nas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: four.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 ten 1TB WD Blue m.2'due south
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-i] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-five] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model: TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq


Xtadeus
New here
Posts: four
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:xv am

Re: How do I update Plex software to 1.18.seven.....

Postal service by Xtadeus » Saturday Jun 27, 2020 four:50 pm

I meant nas hard bulldoze 😋 not bad.

I installed plex server on a dedicated computer with nas ironwolf 8tb. I installed plex thespian on my 4k tv.

I was said qnap nas was bad equally plex server... ? My first aim was To buy qnap ts 251 d with two ironwolf 8tb, apply it every bit server , connect it in hdmi To television and apply the nas as média server in addition To backup everything.

In the terminate i already had a quaternary estimator i did not utilize. First tests were proficient (better than universel média server)